EDICOM Sponsors e-Rechnungs-Gipfel e-Invoicing Summit
The e-Invoicing Summit being held in Bonn from June 3 to 4, 2019 aims to promote electronic public procurement and the implementation of e-invoicing with public administrations.
Highlights of the event will be:
- E-Rechnung e-invoicing in Bremen, Hamburg, Sachsen und Berlin:
- First-hand country-level project reports
- e-Invoicing platforms: Successful connection of suppliers and distributors, joint use models and further developments
- XRechnung e-billing and PEPPOL: Practical implementation of two standards
- Special features of digital invoice processing in the municipal scope: From the DMS to workflow systems and the XRechnung e-invoicing solution
- Opportunities for small and medium-sized businesses through digitization of billing processes
- Cooperation models of federal states in the context of OZG and E-Rechnung e-invoicing
- EN 16931, XRechnung, ZUGFeRD 2.0, Factur-X...?!
- Clearance models for Invoices are on the rise worldwide: Soon also in Germany?
As experts in digital solutions for e-invoicing worldwide we are sponsoring this international event and will be showcasing our services at stand G2. In addition, we are giving a presentation on Tuesday, June 4 at 2:05 p.m. with the title: Which is the right e-invoicing solution for me? During the presentation we will be sharing tips on how to choose a technology partner and the features to take into account when choosing an e-invoicing solution.
e-Invoicing in Germany
As of November 18, 2020, sub-central public agencies (regional and local) will be required to receive electronic invoices in European format. To do so, they can either make use of the central government’s ZRE (Zentral-Rechnungs-Eingangsportal) platform or roll out their own receiving platform that meets the European and national legislative requirements.
Two billing formats currently coexist in Germany: XRechnung (UBL) and ZUGFeRD, both compatible with European standards. We took part in the PEPPOL pilot project in Germany in order to get ready to comply with the particular features of the German model. Our multi-standard platform can transform documents into the XRechnung and ZUGFeRD formats. As a certified PEPPOL Access Point, we also provide connectivity with German public administrations, as well as any European public agency.
Globally scalable solution
European Union countries are now ready for the entry into force of Directive 2014/55/EU. Some of these countries have gone even further, launching more ambitious projects. For example, in Italy, compulsory B2G electronic invoicing has been in force since 2014 and as of 2019 is now mandatory for all private businesses.
In other regions worldwide such as Latin America, countries are developing their own e-invoicing models. The most advanced countries such as Mexico, Brazil and Chile have already consolidated their models. Other countries such as Costa Rica, Guatemala, Bolivia, Paraguay or Colombia are making headway in the rollout of their models.
The main challenge for companies operating with different Latin American countries is being able to comply with the different obligatory conditions found in each model. To simplify this situation, EDICOM has developed a B2B2G global electronic communications platform with e-Invoicing and VAT Compliance capabilities.
- The solution integrates with the company's ERP, deploying its mapping systems to automatically “translate” the information generated in the system into the electronic format required.
- The data are then syntactically and semantically validated to ensure that the file correctly complies with the specifications of the destination country.
- Once the message is validated, mechanisms are applied to ensure its legal value. For example, electronic signature, a time stamp or other certificates.
- Finally, EDICOM delivers the message to the public agency through the system in place in each country, applying the necessary protocols in each case (web service, AS2, HTTPS, FTP… etc.). The solution also receives responses from the administration offices reporting the processing status of each invoice.
EDICOM coordinates HOSP&INVOICE project (Action No: 2017-EU-IA-0146).